Right of withdrawal for consumers
(A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that are predominantly neither commercial nor their independent professional activity can be attributed to them)
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons.
The revocation period is fourteen days from the day of the event,
- at which you or a third party designated by you, other than the carrier, have taken possession of the goods, provided that you have ordered one or more goods under a single order and that the goods are delivered under a single delivery;
- at which you or a third party designated by you, other than the carrier, took or has taken possession of the last goods, if you have ordered several goods under a single order and these are delivered separately;
- at which you or a third party designated by you, other than the carrier, took or has taken possession of the last partial consignment or the last piece, if you have ordered goods which are delivered in several partial consignments or pieces;
In order to exercise your right of revocation, you must inform us (EK2 GmbH, Sommerlindenweg 2, 44339 Dortmund, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org) by means of a clear statement (e.g. a letter, fax or e-mail sent by post) of your decision to revoke this contract. You can use the attached sample revocation form for this purpose, but this is not mandatory.
In order to comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient to send the notification of the exercise of the right of revocation before the end of the revocation period.
Consequences of revocation
If you withdraw from this Agreement, we shall refund to you all payments received from you, including delivery charges (except for any additional charges arising from your choice of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without delay and no later than fourteen days from the date on which we receive notice of your withdrawal from this Agreement, using the same payment method you used in the original transaction, unless otherwise expressly agreed with you, in which case you will not be charged for such refund.
We may refuse to refund until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us without delay and in any case within fourteen days at the latest from the day on which you inform us of the revocation of this contract. The deadline is deemed to have been met if you send the goods before the end of the fourteen-day period.
You bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You shall only be liable for any loss of value of the goods if this loss of value is due to handling of the goods which is not necessary for testing the nature, properties and functioning of the goods.
grounds for exclusion or extinction
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts
- for the supply of goods which are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the delivery of goods that can spoil quickly or whose expiration date would be quickly exceeded;
- for the supply of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed at the time of conclusion of the contract but which can be supplied at the earliest 30 days after conclusion of the contract and the current value of which depends on fluctuations in the market over which the trader has no control
- for the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely for contracts
- for the delivery of sealed goods which are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene, if their seal has been removed after delivery
- for the delivery of goods, if these have been inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their nature;
- for the delivery of audio or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the seal has been removed after delivery
Sample revocation form
(If you want to cancel the contract, please fill out this form and send it back).
- To EK2 GmbH, Sommerlindenweg 2, 44339 Dortmund, e-mail address: email@example.com :
- I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/
the provision of the following service (*)
- Ordered on (*)/ received on (*)
- Name of the consumer(s)
- Address of the consumer(s)
- Signature of the consumer(s) (only in case of communication on paper)
(*) Delete as applicable.